University of Iowa - Henry B. Tippie College of Business
IEM Online Account Registration Form
For access to U.S. $ denominated markets
- You can invest from $5 to $500 in the IEM. There is an additional one-time service charge of $5.00 to activate your account.
- If you do not use your account, you may incur fees.
If you open an account and the time between your logins exceeds
6 months, you will be assessed a semi-annual inactivity fee.
The inactivity fee is $5 or the balance in your account, whichever is lower.
This inactivity fee is assessed each January 1 and July 1, based
on your previous 6 months' activity. You can avoid inactivity
fees entirely by logging in to your account at least once every 6 months.
You need only log in; you do not need to execute trades to avoid these fees.
- All traders must review the IEM Traders Manual.
The manual is available at
http://tippie.uiowa.edu/iem/trmanual. You can read this manual
online, or save a copy by holding down your shift key while
clicking on the hypertext address.
- To register for an account you will need to choose a
security code that you can
remember (this will be used to identify your account
if you forget your password) and provide your
address and phone number. The information you provide us
will not be sold or distributed in any way. It will be used by us solely
to identify and administer your account.
If you do not provide
this information, or if it is obviously false, we cannot activate your account.
Please Note: We do not
ask for your social security number when you open an IEM account.
Do not use your social security number as your security code.
- Print two copies of the account confirmation page: one for your
records and one to send to the IEM Office. The confirmation page will
appear on your screen after you fill out the registration page and click on
its submit button.
- Complete the confirmation page and mail it to the IEM Office with your check.
After you print the confirmation page write the amount of your initial investment on
the initial investment line.
Then write a check to "University of Iowa" in the amount of your initial
investment PLUS the one-time $5.00 account activation service charge.
(For payment by means other than a check drawn on a U.S. bank for U.S.
dollars, click here.)
Mail the printout, together with your payment, to:
108 John Pappajohn Business Building
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa 52242
- Your IEM Login ID and Password will be sent to the email address that you
provide on the registration form. The IEM Office will activate your account within
2 business days after you submit the registration form. You cannot trade until your account
is activated. If you do not provide an email address, your IEM Login ID and Password will
be sent by U.S. Mail.
- If you have any questions, contact the IEM Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (319)335-0881.
- To continue the registration process, click on the SUBMIT button below.
| IEM Homepage
| College Homepage
The University of Iowa
/ Tippie College of Business
/ Iowa Electronic Markets